Sriracha Caramel Glazed Pork Belly
Time: 20 mins
This is a delicious little recipe that you can make in advance, pop on the BBQ to finish it off and really wow your guests.
1. Heat the oven to 140° celsius.
2. Lay the pork belly in a a dutch oven or heavy duty pot in a single layer.
3. Cover with sriracha caramel and top the pot with a lid (or tinfoil if you don’t have one to hand!)
4. Pop in the oven to bake, after an hour remove the pork from the pot but don’t chuck the delicious sauce.
5. Light the BBQ.
6. On medium heat, cook and reduce the sauce for a few mins until reduced by a third.
7. Using a paintbrush (if you have one) paint or simply smear this delicious nectar onto the pork belly.
8. Grill the pork belly chunks on the BBQ until they get a beautiful caramelized char (turn and brush regularly) - this should only take a few minutes but the flavour will be running through your mind for months to come!