- First make the sausage by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl, covering and leave to sit in the fridge overnight. This can be made immediately before cooking but the longer it rests, the better the flavour and you deserve it to taste extra nice.
- Heat a pan on medium high heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil and saute the onion for a few minutes until turning golden brown.
- While cooking, use your hands to make a large patty with the sausage mix.
- Add the leeks to the pan and sauté for another minute and a half.
- Scrape the onion and leek to one side of the pan. Place the sausage patty onto the pan and squash it down. Scoop the onions and leeks on top of the sausage so they don’t burn.
- Leave it cook for at least 3 minutes so the sausage becomes beautifully caramelized, not burnt. Flip it and don’t worry about it breaking.
- Cook on the other side for about 1 minute. Then go to town with a potato masher and break the mix into small chunks.
- Add the green beans and frozen peas to the pan. Turn up the heat and sauté, agitating regularly for around 5 minutes to make sure everything is cooked and delicious.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with thinly sliced spring onion.